My work crosses the boundaries between art and engineering, and combines sculpture, lighting design and electrical installation. By blending an artistic background with technical skill, I provide a comprehensive service from design right through to installation, saving clients time, money and stress.
After working in London for 6 years, including for the interiors company Fox Linton, I decided to move to Cornwall to study art. On achieving a First Class BA (Hons) Contemporary Crafts degree from Falmouth University, I then trained as an NICEIC Approved Electrical Contractor before going on to gain the Advanced Lighting Design Certificate, awarded by the Lighting Industry Association. This unique mix of skills gives me the expertise needed to approach every individual project with solutions that are not only beautiful, but also practical and sustainable.
With experience of working on residential, commercial, and public projects, my business encompasses every aspect of lighting design, be it interior or exterior, large or small. I also make sculpture, both to commission and for exhibitions.
Working across the UK, some of my recent notable commercial and public projects include: Jubilee Warehouse, a BREEAM excellent warehouse renovation; the Brain of Brian Office Barge; Miss Peapod's Café; the Enys Family Archive exhibition at Penryn Museum; Trebah Kitchen café; James Turrell's 'Tewlwolow Kernow', and Penny Saunders' 'Restless Temple', both at Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens. I have also worked on numerous residential projects.
In 2011, I represented the NICEIC at a Parliamentary Reception and on Sky News, as part of their Jobs for the Girls campaign, which aims to encourage more women into the electrical industry. I am also a visiting lecturer at Falmouth University.
My aim is to design lighting that transforms its environment and has a positive impact on the community that uses the space and is far beyond the simply functional.
- Nominated by the NICEIC for the 'Outstanding Woman in Construction' Award, 2013
- Runner Up of the Holophane David Currie Award for best student of the year for the Lighting Industry Association Advanced Certificate Course, 2012
- Shortlisted for the South West Regional Final of the Lloyds TSB Enterprise Awards, 2012
- Nominated for the Unlocking Cornish Potential 'Exciting Future' Business Award, 2011
- MSLL – Member of the Society of Light and Lighting
- NICEIC Approved Contractor – Registered electrician with the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting